Let’s discuss taking care of a pet cat.
I spent my childhood and adolescence very independently. Due to their father’s job, time was spent in such a beautiful place, where the mind did not have to wear the chains of subjugation. Adored pet cats have got the same independent life. Where did those days go? We are not getting the opportunity to enjoy the taste of that free life in the captivity of urban life. The same is the case with beloved pet cats. Today we discuss How to take care of a pet cat.
Give the cat time. play with him Give him toys too. It is good to have a designated area for scratching. Provide a place to hide, something to climb on if possible. If you take the cat outside or on the roof every day, his mind is good, exercise is also done, and the risk of obesity is reduced. If you are working outside while keeping the cat indoors, provide adequate water and food. Homemade food spoils if left outside for more than four to five hours in hot weather. That’s why it is necessary to accustom the cat to dry food (dry cat food).
Shyam Biswas, a veterinarian and companion animal practitioner at Paw Life Care Clinic in Dhaka, told about various ways to safely escape cats.
May they be safe
● For those who have cats, make their homes cat-proof or cat-friendly, especially if they are high-rise buildings. That is, put small leak nets (wire or nylon) where the cat can escape or fall in (even bathroom windows).
● Do not use cockroaches or rat poison. Cats should not be exposed to any chemicals.
● Be careful with electrical equipment. Take care that there is no water around them and that they are not torn. Beware of fire. Do not leave the stove burning unnecessarily. Especially for those who leave the cat at home and go out, it is important to follow these things.
● Remove frog umbels (mushrooms) from plant tubs.
● If you want to keep ferns at home, you can keep ferns other than asparagus (like a ball, bottom, Dallas, etc.).
To breed cats
Give the combined vaccine when the cat is two months old. A booster dose should be given on day 21/28 of this. Rabies vaccination should be given at the age of three months. Rabies vaccination will keep the cat safe even if it is bitten or scratched by another animal. Humans are not at risk of rabies from bites or scratches from vaccinated cats. Cats should be vaccinated once a year. However, if the cat is pregnant or if the cat has cubs (which are nursing) that are one and a half months old or younger, the mother cannot be vaccinated.
If taken outside
Keep the end of the leash (the kind of long belt worn when walking the dog) twisted in your hand when you go out; Otherwise, an accident may occur. Birds can also jump and fall from the roof while catching. Many people like to wear collars. But collars also cause accidents sometimes, if the cat goes outside without you noticing.
Provision of food and water
● Provide clean water for cats. Change the water regularly. However, instead of certain water and drinking water from other places may also be interested.
● Place food and water in improved melamine containers.
● Non-vegetarian must. Then gradually the demand for sweet and sugary foods. Boiled chicken without skin, boiled liver, boiled fish, eggs, boiled vegetables (pumpkin, squash, cucumber, peas, carrots, beans, broccoli, sweet potatoes), boiled corn, boiled wheat, bananas, watermelon without seeds, blueberries, hard cheese, cottage cheese, yogurt can be given. After soaking oats in hot water for 10-20 minutes, you can mix eggs or yolks and feed them for a while. Oily fish is better during winter.
● Keep grass at home. If necessary, they eat grass and vomit the poison along with the grass.
● Give liquid food or medicine from one side of the mouth. If placed in the middle of the mouth, food or water enters the trachea and becomes infected.
Ban on food!
● Do not give onions, garlic, raw fish meat, animal products, grapes, chocolate, tea, coffee, sugar, or alcohol.
● It is better not to give unprocessed or liquid milk. Can be given if needed (powdered milk too). If you want to give milk to a small kitten (without the mother’s milk), dilute it with water equal to the amount of liquid milk.
● Avoid sugary foods if possible.
● Many cats can be allergic to shrimp or red meat.
● Keep the cat’s litter box clean.
● A cat with lice has an itchy tail or belly. Cats older than 6 weeks can be sprayed with flea killer as directed. Younger fleas can be removed with a comb. You can bathe carefully with anti-lice shampoo (do not get water in the ears). Wipe off immediately after showering or dry with a hairdryer.
● Even if you want to cut your nails before 6 months, cutting them earlier can cause serious accidents (neurological problems, even death) while climbing. Never cut your nails too deep.
● It is better to leave the lighting on when the cat is kept alone in a room other than when it is sleeping.
● If you have to go somewhere for a few days, it is better to leave him in a familiar and safe shelter.
Fear of coronavirus?
Many people are now afraid of Corona. However, no link has been found so far between animals and the spread of coronavirus. However, it is better to be careful. For the safety of you and your beloved pet, do not let or take the cat outside for these few days. Wash hands regularly before and after handling cats. Wash hands properly before and after handling food and waste. Don’t let your loved ones lose love by panicking over rumors. Do not throw it away. Don’t spoil him even at home. Love him just like before in this time of danger.